The earliest parts of the recital organ at St Alfege Church are from a chamber organ built by Lewis & Co. in 1881 for Eton College Lower School Chapel. This was incorporated into a larger instrument, also by Lewis & Co. (date unknown) which forms the heart of the present instrument.
The instrument was rebuilt within the original case by Hunter in 1927 and survived until it was rebuilt in 1970, by Harrison and Harrison who added a new Positive organ to the enclosed Choir organ.
It was moved to St Alfege Church In 2000 and installed by David Wells Organ Builders of Liverpool. It was dedicated on Sunday 8 October 2000 and is now maintained by Mander Organs.
It is listed on the National Pipe Organ Register and the entry can be found here.
There is also an old organ keyboard on display, parts of which may date to the time of Thomas Tallis.